Forums

recherche famille CONEY en Angleterre - Filae.com
mnjf
recherche famille CONEY en Angleterre
Envoyé le: mardi 11 mars 2008 00:26

Bonsoir

j'aimerai trouver la famille de Violet Coney née env 1895 sans doute dans la region de Londres et mariée avec Ernest Louis Ferru en 1916 à Croydon.
Grand Merci à toute personne ayant des renseignements possibles à me passer
Marie-Noelle
Ps je parle courament anglais Book
Joe.T
Envoyé le: mardi 11 mars 2008 10:58

Bonjour Marie-Noelle
There are three births of a Violet Coney registered for this period.

1) Violet Olive F Coney. --- 2nd quarter 1894 at South Stoneham, Hampshire
2) Violet Coney --- 4th quarter 1895 at Greenwich, London
3) Violet Coney --- 2nd quarter 1896 at Farnham, Hampshire

In the 1901 census,
The first is the daughter of Edward Coney, a cabman, and his wife Olive.
The second one - I cannot find her!!!.
The third is the daughter of Henry T Coney, a clergyman, and his wife Henrietta.

Have you any other information to help identify the correct one?
Cordialement,
Joe
mnjf
Envoyé le: mardi 11 mars 2008 14:03

Hello Joe

Thank you so much for your message, and very pleased to have some news so quick !!
If it helps I have a certified copy of an entry of marriage and it says they re were married on the 25 th may 1916 at the Croydon registry office Violet was 20 years old when she marries to Ernest Louis Ferru a frenchman who was a cook there and both lived at 37 Crown Road Marden a tiny village ? which i have some trouble to localize the street Her father was Joseph Coney an Engineer fitter and the witness are Eliza Coney and Naomi Kavanagh

I hope from this you ll be able to find some more stuff !!
Many thnaks again for your kind help and hope to hear from you soon.
Have great day!
"cordialement "
Marie-NoelleVery Happy
Joe.T
Envoyé le: mardi 11 mars 2008 19:51

Hello Marie-Noelle
I think I have found the family in the 1901 & 1891 censuses, although the surname is spelt CONY in 1901.
The first part of Joseph?s occupation in 1901 is hard to read, I think it says Gas.

1901 census

7, Mason?s Grove, Deptford, Kent
Joseph Cony / head / married / age 47 / (Gas???) Fitter (worker) / born Hailsham, Sussex
Eliza ditto / wife / married / 42 / born Southwark, Surrey
Sidney ditto / son / single / 19 / Plumber (worker) / Belgium ? Eng[lish] Sub[ject]
William ditto / son / 14 / born New Cross, Surrey
Peter ditto / son / 12 / born New Cross, Surrey
Walter ditto / son / 11 / born Sutton, Surrey
Eliza ditto / daughter / 7 / born Southwark, Surrey
Violet ditto / daughter / 5 / born Deptford, Kent

1891 census
Harold Road, Carshalton, Surrey
Joseph Coney / head / married / age 38 / Engine driver (stationary) (employed) / born Hellingly, Sussex
Elizabeth ditto / wife / married / 34 / Southwark, London
Fredk. C. ditto / son / 16 / Call Boy ? Fire Brigade (employed) / Southwark, London
Joseph ditto / son / 14 / Errand Boy (Post) (employed) / Southwark, London
Naomi ditto / daughter / 11 / Sutton, Surrey
Sidney ditto / son / 9 / Woolham, Belgium
William ditto / son / 4 / New Cross, London
Peter ditto / son / 2 / New Cross, London
Walter ditto / son / 1 month / Sutton, Surrey

Hailsham is one of four main towns in the Wealden district of East Sussex, England.
Hellingly (pronounced 'Helling-lye') is a village and civil parish in the Wealden District of East Sussex, England.

Best wishes,
Joe
mnjf
Envoyé le: mardi 11 mars 2008 22:48

Hi again Joebravo

many thanks for your great help to find the family . Wonderful findings !!! I think it is the right one and i just get the idea what the family was like
I still have some problems to find
the street i am looking for and could you help me again on this one please ?
37 Crown Road, Marden in 1916 , i am not sure if it's in a village or or surburb or even maybe the street doesn't exist anymore. i had a good look on internet but you seems to be very good to found some such good stuff ! and my impossible dream would be to find some old photos of Ernest Louis Ferru and Eliza Coney and their family any internet site on old photgraphs ?
Many thanks again for your kind help

Hoping to hear from you again

all the best
Marie Noelle WOW
Joe.T
Envoyé le: mercredi 12 mars 2008 18:41

Hi Marie Noelle

I think it must be Morden, not Marden. Morden was in the Croydon Registration District (for biths, marriages & deaths), and there is a Crown Road at its centre.

Go to http://www.streetmap.co.uk/
Type in ?Crown Road? , select ?street? , and click ?search?
Scroll down and select ?Crown Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4?

I don?t know of an old photograph site, but these sites have some info on Crown Road and Morden
http://www.faithinmorden.com/page.php?pageid=25&PHPSESSID=121eaf8bb418176f1afedf219e22b552

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morden

http://www.werelate.org/wiki/Place:Morden,_England

There is a researcher, Dave, on the Genes Reunited site who has Joseph Coney (Hellingly 1853) and some of his children in his tree.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/?wci=yourhome

There are also two other researchers on that site who have only Joseph, but not his children. I think you have to register to see the listing, but to make contact with other researchers, unfortunately, you have to subscribe (pay). If you would like, I can send him/them a message and see if we get a response.

Best wishes,
Joe
Joe.T
Envoyé le: mercredi 12 mars 2008 21:33

Hello again

Excuse me if you already have this information:

As well as the marriage in 2nd quarter 1916 of Ernest Ferru and Violet Coney, FreeBMD has two birth registrations:-

2nd quarter 1917 Barbara S. Ferru, mother?s name Coney, at Epsom, Surrey
3rd quarter 1920 Louis M. Ferru, mother?s name Coney, at Eccleshall Bierlow

Eccleshall Bierlow district spans part of the Derbyshire/Yorkshire border towards the north of the country.

Joe
mnjf
Envoyé le: mercredi 12 mars 2008 23:12

Hi Joe !

Just got your message at this minute !!
Many thanks for a such good job, wonderful discorveries ! No need to excuse every bits we can find its always good stuff ! I did knew about their children one at Epsom but seems not to have survived long and the other one towards to Sheffield b1920 d.1994.and a third one born in Cambrai France named Odette b1924-d1997. so i suppose they were back to France once the great war was over. I think that Ernest Louis stayed in England as cook / chef for few years only but don't know when,how long and how (why) he arrived there His father was owned an hotel in France I think, but it's quite new to me this, i found these informations in the Mormon site .
You said that you know some members having some Joseph Coney and you think it is the right family, could you have some contact with them please ? we might know more about them it's very kind of you if you can go thru this website if you're already a member as i can't pay every genealogy website that would be too costly . I am already a member of a well known french one
again thank you for helping me to find Morden
i am not used to read the old fashion english writing and really thought was Marden

Thank you so much you ve have been super and very pleased to have met you thru this . you re a valuable member of this message board

A bientot et bonne soirée

Marie noelle bravo
Joe.T
Envoyé le: jeudi 13 mars 2008 21:39

Hi Marie Noelle
Thank you for your kind words, and may I congratulate you on your English.

Yes, I am already member of GenesReunited, and I have sent Dave a message on your behalf.

I have looked up Naomi, Violet's sister.
Her birth was registered 2nd quarter 1880 at Epsom, Surrey.
It seems she married Thomas Kavanagh, a journeyman baker, 2nd quarter 1900 at Camberwell, London. By 1901 she is living with him at Sutton, with 7 month old daughter, Doris.
So she is surely one of the witnesses at Violet's wedding.

Best wishes,
Joe
mnjf
Envoyé le: jeudi 13 mars 2008 23:40

Hi Joe

thank you ever so much for your great help I am really pleased about the results so far . Every findings are great stuff and really, i am sure it is the right family we are looking for and you seems to find informations so easily. I am hoping that Dave will give us a positive answer in due time and this will be la crème de la crème !!
many thanks again

Best wishes
Marie Noelle

Ps Your french is not bad too !! I must say that English people are a bit lazy about foreign languageclinoeil
Joe.T
Envoyé le: dimanche 16 mars 2008 22:00

Hello Marie-Noelle

Re Joseph Coney, (Violet?s father)

Great news! I have had a reply from Dave who has just spent the last few days in Sussex locating Joseph?s gt grandfather?s origins, and has now located them back to early 1700's.

Dave says his mother was a Coney, and Joseph?s father, Frederick William Coney [1826-1908] was his Gt Gt grandfather, and he has a lot of info on him.

In fact Dave has a wonderful web site on the Coney?s and their associated families, which he has been compiling for several years.
http://www.familytreeweb.co.uk/
Have a look; there is loads of information and family photographs etc.

I have Dave?s direct e-mail address, but I do not think I should publish it on this list, and so may I suggest that when you have had a chance to study his web site, you contact him on the e-mail address given on his ?contact us? page. He would be very interested in any data on Violet. In particular one of the family he?s trying to investigate is Violet?s eldest brother Frederick, who became the chief fire officer at Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Joe
mnjf
Envoyé le: dimanche 16 mars 2008 23:28

Hello Joe !fou

Many thanks to etablish the contact between us without you it would have been not possible ! i am so pleased about the findings and his website is absolutely wonderful but so much to take in !!! I am feeling a bit dizzy now !!fou
I haven't send a message yet coz i wished fisrt to thank you ever so much for your wonderful job you did for me.
if ever i have some problems i know where to turn on
all the best
and again merci beaucoup !!

Cordialement
Marie Noelle xouioui
mnjf
Envoyé le: samedi 5 mars 2011 14:44

hello Joe T
How are you ?
I hope you remember me asking you some help on the coney/ferru family a little while ago. I did find later some descendants of this family. now I am doing some research on my husband 's: the Johnson family which is not that easy too they re from Rufford nr Ormskirk Lancs and I need your help if you re still doing some research
Let me know if you re able to help me again and I will let you know more details about this family
Many thanks
regards
Marie Noelle Book
samnrjohnson@aol.com
Répondre |  | 

Aller au forum