Forums

Recherche descendance Frederick COLMAN/Gertrude GARDNER - Filae.com
Annette.D26
Recherche descendance Frederick COLMAN/Gertrude GARDNER
Envoyé le: dimanche 13 août 2006 14:37

Bonjour,  Hiding

Mon arrière-arrière-grand-père Frederik COLMAN, devenu veuf, s'est marié en seconde noce à Gertrude GARDNER le 12 Avril 1871 à Mickleham. Il habitait Londres et travaillait à la Lloyds. Ma grand-tante est allée petite fille en vancances chez lui en Angleterre.

Frederick COLMAN est né en 1827 à Londres sous le nom de Salomon Israël DA COSTA.

J'aimerais trouver ses descendant(e)s et pouvoir trouver des documents (portraits, ....).

Merci pour toute aide.

Annette

Hello, Hiding

I am looking for the descendants of my grand-grand-grand-father, Frederick COLMAN (born Salomon Israël DA COSTA in 1827 in London). His second bride was Gertrude GARDNER . He married her  in 1871, April the 12 th, at Mickleham. He worked at the Lloyds.

I will be a great pleasure to have contacts with his  descendants  for sharing informations.

Thank you for any help.

Annette

Brigitte.V98
Envoyé le: mardi 15 août 2006 23:24

Annette

There is a similar site to this in England called www.genesreunited.co.uk  if you search on there for a Da Costa you will find Solomon Israel Gomes da Costa born in 1827.  LThe owner of the tree is called Martin

To send him an email you must register on the site (and pay £10) but I am happy to drop him a note if you wish  - directing him to this site

A vous de decider

Roger

Annette.D26
Envoyé le: mercredi 16 août 2006 18:30

Roger,

Thank you so much for answering.

My sister had already got contacts with Martin. He gave us the DA COSTA's family tree until 1700 in portugal but he has no informations about desdendants of Solomon Israël Da Costa (called Frederick Colman). Perhaps he ans his second wife had no children ?

Thank you again and so long.

Annette

PS : please excuse my bad english

Brigitte.V98
Envoyé le: jeudi 17 août 2006 00:43

They did have children

In the 1901 census they were still known as Da Costa and had 4 children living with them

Solomon as you said is a Lloyds Underwriter

Alice G G Costa 25 Gertrude Costa 57 Herbert G Costa 29 Mabel G Costa 28 Mary R G Costa 26 Solomon Ida Costa 73

They also had 4 servants

Gertrude also came from a rich family of booksellers.  Her father was an Edward Gardner and her mother was a Martha Gardner.  She had a large number of brothers and sisters at least 9.  Her father was a bookseller and rich as in 1861 they had 6 servants.

I have copies of various census returns.  If you wish I can send them to you

Roger

Annette.D26
Envoyé le: vendredi 18 août 2006 10:23

Roger,

It's wonderful. I will be happy if you could send me this census. I don't know how to thank you.

Solomon and his first wife had three children, all called COLMAN. When her wife dead, the two girls were adopted by his cousin Aaron Gomes DA COSTA and they came in France (Bordeaux). The son imigrated in australia. My grand-grand mother and he had contacts until 1920, but after....nothing, not even an adress.

Tell me what informations I have to give to you for sending the documents.

I really don't know how to thank you. It's too much.

Annette

Brigitte.V98
Envoyé le: vendredi 18 août 2006 23:25

Envoyez un email a

et je vous les envoyer par retour

Roger

Annette.D26
Envoyé le: samedi 19 août 2006 09:06

Thumb Up

Thank you again.